CROSCOMBE VILLAGE HALL HIRE
(1) The Village Hall named in clause 1.2 acting by its management committee (“Village Hall”).
(2) The person or organisation named in clause 1.3(“Hirer”).
AGREED as follows:
- In consideration of the hire fee described in clause 1.4, the Village Hall agrees to permit the Hirer to use the premises described in clause 1.5 for the purpose described in clause 1.6 for the period(s) described in clause 1.1. The answers to the questions in clauses 1.7 and 1.8 are terms of this agreement.
1.1 Date(s) Required: Day(s) __________________________________________________________________
Month __________________________________________ Year _____________________________
Time Required (Hours) From ________________________ To _______________________________
Preparation ______________________________________ Clearing Up ________________________
1.2 Village Hall:
- Registered Charity 277576
(b) Authorised Representative(s) MRS SONIA FOWLER
Address: REDDYNGES, FAYREWAY, CROSCOMBE, SOMERSET,
Telephone Number: 01749 342012
- Name (if individual) __________________________________________________________________
- Organisation (if applicable) ____________________________________________________________
- Name of Organisation’s Authorised Representative: _________________________________________
Note: Person(s) signing must be 18 years of age or over
Telephone Number: ______________ Home: _____________________ Work: ______________________
1.4 Hiring Fee: £ ____________________
It is the Hall’s policy to request a NON-RETURNABLE deposit of £30 for new hirers at the discretion of the Caretaker, with the agreement being completed upon its receipt. A deposit of £100 deposit will be requested for large receptions. In each case, the deposit will be deducted from the final invoice. In the case of any large commercial hire of the Hall used for profit or commercial gain to the Hirer, a premium rate will be charged, ie, double the existing day rate.
1.5 Premises: WHOLE OF HALL
1.6 Purpose of Hiring : THIS WILL BE A PRIVATE/PUBLIC EVENT (Delete the appropriate one)
1.7 Will your event require music: YES/NO
1.8 Is alcohol to be provided at the event(s)? YES/NO
Will alcohol be for sale? YES/NO
- The Hirer agrees with the Village Hall to be present (by its Authorised Representative, if appropriate) during the hiring and to perform the provisions and stipulations contained or referred to in the Village Hall’s standard conditions of hire (“Standard Conditions of Hire”) for the time being in force as annexed hereto (an understanding of which the Hirer acknowledges) together with the Special Conditions (if any) set out in the Schedule overleaf.
- It is hereby agreed that the Standard Conditions of Hire together with any Special Conditions of Hire attached hereto together with any Special Conditions of Hire contained in the Schedule overleaf shall form part of the terms of the Hiring Agreement unless specifically excluded.
- None of the provisions of this Agreement are intended to or will operate to confer any benefit pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 on a person who is not named as a party to this Agreement.
As Witness the hands of the parties hereto:
Signed by the person named at 1.2(b) above, duly authorised, on behalf of the Village Hall’s Management Committee:
Signed by the person named at 1.3(a) above or at 1.3(c) above, duly authorised, on behalf of the organisation named at 1.3(b) above, where applicable.
Please refer to Croscombe Village Hall Risk Assessment (December 2014) on the internal Notice board.
Schedule of Special Conditions
(to be attached if necessary)
SCHEDULE OF STANDARD CONDITIONS
Village Hall at CROSCOMBE
Standard Conditions of Hire
- These standard conditions apply to all hiring of the Hall. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of the following, the Hall Secretary or Booking Clerk should be immediately consulted.
- The diary of lettings for the Hall should be fully transparent and open to public inspection at any time. Age restrictions may apply at the discretion of the Committee.
The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for: supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents; their care, safety from damage however slight or change of any sort and the behaviour of all persons using the premises whatever their capacity; including proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid obstruction of the highway. As directed by the Hall Secretary, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
3.2 Use of Premises
The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the hiring agreement and shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way nor do anything or bring onto the premises anything which may endanger the same or render invalid any insurance policies in respect thereof nor allow the consumption of alcohol thereon without written permission.
Using the form supplied, the Hirer shall be responsible for requesting permission to sell or supply intoxicating liquor from the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). Please find attached form. When given permission, the Hirer must be responsible for keeping within the Licensing Act 2003.
3.4 Gaming, Betting and Lotteries
The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
3.5 Public Safety Compliance
The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Fire Authority, Local Authority, the Local Magistrates’ Court or otherwise, particularly in connection with any event which includes public dancing or music or other similar public entertainment or stage plays.
3.6 Health and Hygiene
THIS HALL PURSUES A NON-SMOKING POLICY, INCLUDING THE TOILETS.
There are TOILETS for disabled use but ambulant disabled only.
The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
3.7 Electrical Appliance Safety
The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises and used there shall be safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner. Where a residual circuit breaker is provided under terms of the PEL or CPL, the hirer must make use of it in the interests of public safety.
The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Village Hall management committee and the Village Hall’s employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against (a) the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises including the curtilage thereof or the contents of the premises and (b) all claims in respect of damage or loss of property or injury to persons arising as a result of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer.
The Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against all claims arising as a result of the hire and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to the Hall Secretary. Failure to produce such policy and evidence of cover will render the hiring void and enable the Hall Secretary to re-hire the premises to another hirer.
(The Village Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence).
3.9 Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences
The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to a member of the village Hall management committee as soon as possible and complete the relevant section in the Village Hall’s accident book. Any failure of equipment either that belonging to the Village Hall or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible. Certain types of accident or injury must be reported on a special form to the local authority. The Hall Secretary will give assistance in completing this form. This is in accordance with the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995.
The Hirer shall ensure that no animals (including birds) except guide dogs are brought into the premises, other than for a special event agreed to by the Village Hall. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
3.11 Compliance with The Children Act 1989
The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act of 1989 and that only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
3.12 Fly Posting
The Hirer shall not carry out or permit fly posting or any other form of unauthorised advertisements for any event taking place at the premises, and shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Village Hall’s management committee accordingly against all actions, claims and proceedings arising from any breach of this condition. Failure to observe this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority.
3.13 Sale of Goods
The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales. In particular, the Hirer shall ensure that the total prices of all goods and services are prominently displayed, as shall be the organiser’s name and address and that any discounts offered are based only on Manufacturers’ Recommended Retail Prices.
If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event and the Village Hall is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the question of the payment or the repayment of the fee shall be at the discretion of the Village Hall.
The Village Hall reserves the right to cancel this hiring by written notice to the Hirer in the event of:
- the premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election;
- the Village Hall management committee reasonably considering that (i) such hiring leading to a breach of licensing conditions, if applicable, or other legal or statutory requirements, or (ii) unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of this hiring;
- the premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the Hirer.
In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit already paid, but the Village Hall shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
3.15 End of Hire
The Hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounding area in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly replaced, otherwise the Village Hall shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
The Hirer shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure, particularly late at night and early in the morning.
3.17 Stored Equipment
The Village Hall accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premises, and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property (other than stored equipment) must be removed at the end of each hiring or fees will be charged for each day or party of a day at the hire fee per hiring until the same is removed.
The Village Hall may, in its discretion in any of the following circumstances, namely:-
- in respect of stored equipment, failure by the Hirer either to pay any storage charges due and payable or to remove the same within 7 days after the agreed storage period has ended;
- in respect of any other property brought on to the premises for the purposes of the hiring, failure by the Hirer to remove the same within 7 days after the hiring dispose of any such items by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer any costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
3.18 No Alterations
No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the prior written approval of the Hall Secretary. Any alteration, fixture or fitting or attachment so approved shall at the discretion of the Village Hall remain in the premises at the end of the hiring and become the property of the Village Hall or be removed by the Hirer who must make good to the satisfaction of the Hall any damage caused to the premises by such removal.
3.19 No Rights
The hiring agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
As Witness the hands of the parties hereto:
Signed by the authorised representative named in clause 1.2 of the Hiring Agreement on behalf of the Village Hall.
Date: ________________ Signed: _______________________
Signed by the hirer, of where appropriate, by the authorised representative of the Hirer named in clause 1.3 of the Hiring Agreement on behalf of the Hirer.
Date: _________________ Signed: _______________________
Fayreway, Croscombe, Somerset BA5 3RA
Registered Charity No: 277576
|Chairman||Treasurer||Secretary||Bookings & Caretaker|
Croscombe, BA5 3QZ
email@example.com 01749 342012
The Old Gaol, Rock Str Croscombe, BA5 3QT 01749 344929
Lavender Cottage, Old Wells Road, Croscombe BA5 3RR
01749 670884 firstname.lastname@example.org
Croscombe BA5 3QZ
Hall Charges for Croscombe Village Hall:
|Village Organisations – (i.e. those represented on the Hall Committee)|
|Sunday – Friday||(Daytime)||3.50|
|Sunday – Friday||(Evening)||4.38|
|Residents – (i.e. those residing in the Village)|
|Sunday – Friday||(Daytime)||3.50|
|Sunday – Friday||(Evening)||6.95|
|Non-Residents – (organisations/individuals)|
|Sunday – Thursday||(Daytime)||6.08|
|Sunday – Thursday||(Evening)||8.76|
|1||A standard booking period should be not less than 2 hours|
|2||Preparation time is charged at half the normal hourly rate|
|3||Charges include use of the kitchen and crockery|
|4||Heating/lighting will be charged at the rate of 18p per unit|
*RPI All Items August 2012 to July 2014
Your Village – Your Hall